Line of Research and Generation of Knowledge:
Image and memory for social research
- Transdisciplinary research on social phenomena related to image and memory from photography, audiovisual and orality as the main source and object of research.
Areas of expertise:
Audiovisual media as social documents
- The study of social representations expressed in audiovisual narratives: fiction and documentaries.
Photography and social research
- Social investigation based on photography as a source of primary information, addressing the phenomena of memory and the cultural reproduction.
Transdisciplinary studies of documentary film
- Investigation that revolves around aesthetic, narrative, enunciative and referential aspects of documentary film in Mexico and other Latin American contexts from a transdisciplinary perspective.
Memory, orality and sociocultural processes
- Research on the memory and orality of diverse human groups, with emphasis on daily life and intercultural phenomena, for the understanding of sociocultural processes based on ethnography and oral history.